Tuesday May 30, 2023
Tuesday May 30, 2023
On this episode of the Fractional C-Suite Retreat, we’re joined by a strategic and data-driven seasoned marketing executive with 14 plus years of experience. She’s a marketing maven who is adept at developing marketing strategies and integrated demand generation plans. Welcome to the show, CMO at yorCMO, Marguerite Yeo! Marguerite joins the show to share her six truths of marketing, dispel lead generation myths, and look towards the future of marketing
- There is no silver bullet magical tactic for success in marketing. Each company must use integrated marketing that combines both online and offline, organic and paid, digital and non-digital tactics, and utilizes email, events, social media, and webinars.
- No one person in an organization is in charge of purchasing a product or service. You are marketing to the CEO, CIO, CFO, and all the individual employees who have to implement and use the product.
- Don’t prioritize quantity over quality. The wrong request to marketing professionals can result in ineffective ads, leads that don’t convert, and customers that don’t fit your ICP. While this approach might be cheaper in the short-run, it will not create a long-run ROI.
- Encourage synergy between sales and marketing employees by conducting interviews with representatives from the opposite department. This will allow marketing employees to screen sales employees and vice versa.
- Though trade shows are glamorous and attractive forms of advertising, they can be ineffective and expensive due to setup, breakdown and T&E costs. They often result in a high quantity of bad leads, rather than a decent number of qualified leads.
- Operations are often neglected, but it is critical nowadays to monitor and track every single tactic that you implement. This may include tracking the right KPIs, picking the right MarTech tools, and force correcting based on feedback.
- Leverage AI to help marketing efforts. Use it to add a predictive aspect to marketing, rather than only looking back on the past to see what has been effective. AI may not eliminate jobs, but it will eliminate people who don’t adapt to its presence.
Quote of the Show:
- “Instead of asking marketing, ‘what's the cheapest way to get the most leads?’, the right question should be, ‘what's the most cost effective and efficient way to achieve sales targets and retain customers?’” - Marguerite Yeo
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/margueriteyeo/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/MargueriteYeo
- Company website: https://yorcmo.com/
Ways to Tune In
- Amazon Music - https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/9a0b6e7b-76d7-4909-ab01-e3082d6637e0/the-fractional-c-suite-retreat
- Apple Podcast - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-fractional-c-suite-retreat/id1597847745
- Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/show/5Z2uHcI4xXz92M9sODSoYL?si=a89b68adf7134964
- Google Podcast - https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZnJhY3Rpb25hbGNzdWl0ZXJldHJlYXQuY29tL2ZlZWQueG1s
- Stitcher - https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/agencies-that-build/the-fractional-csuite-retreat
- YouTube - https://youtu.be/iwK33l3akFU
Fractional C-Suite Retreat is produced by Ringmaster, on a mission to create connections through B2B podcasts. Learn more at https://ringmaster.com/