Today’s guest is a business owner and powerful leader of a remote-first company who is passionate about building a well-rounded company. Neil Emeigh is the CEO of Rayobyte. On this week’s episode host Joe Frost sits down with his good friend Neil to talk about creating a culture in a remote work environment and how to best support remote employees.
- While tools and processes have caught up to a remote work style, company culture has yet to adapt fully.
- While online calendars have made it easy to schedule meetings with coworkers, it has made it that much easier to interrupt someone’s productivity. Meetings show up on a schedule, tasks don’t.
- In a remote business, having in-person events that workers from all over can come to is essential. In-person yearly retreats or kickoff events should be a mandatory expense on your budget.
- There is immense value in finding time to meet with clients in person if possible. In-person meetings often lead to stronger client relationships and better client referrals.
- In a remote environment, support for your employees will differ in both the support provided and how you let them know they are supported.
- As a remote company, establishing and emphasizing your core values will help unify employees and give a clearer sense of direction for leadership.
- If you take a step back and delegate when leading employees, you give them space to flourish in their roles and have an increased sense of agency.
Quote of the Show:
- “How does the team know that we really do have their back? How do we embody that connection?” - Neil Emeigh
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/neilemeigh
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/neil-emeigh-79878611a/
- Website: https://rayobyte.com/
Ways to Tune In
- Amazon Music - https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/9a0b6e7b-76d7-4909-ab01-e3082d6637e0/the-fractional-c-suite-retreat
- Apple Podcast - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-fractional-c-suite-retreat/id1597847745
- Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/show/5Z2uHcI4xXz92M9sODSoYL?si=a89b68adf7134964
- Google Podcast - https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZnJhY3Rpb25hbGNzdWl0ZXJldHJlYXQuY29tL2ZlZWQueG1s
- Stitcher - https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/agencies-that-build/the-fractional-csuite-retreat
- YouTube - https://youtu.be/uCGPYT8VWE4
Fractional C-Suite Retreat is produced by Ringmaster, on a mission to create connections through B2B podcasts. Learn more at https://ringmaster.com/