Tuesday Mar 14, 2023
Tuesday Mar 14, 2023
On this episode of The Fractional C-Suite Retreat, we’re joined by an accomplished B2B marketing executive with more than 20 years of experience leading marketing and sales initiatives for B2B enterprises. He has developed deep expertise in areas like marketing strategy, messaging, positioning, product and corporate rebranding. Today’s guest is a CMO at yorCMO, Chad Person. Joe sits down with Chad to learn about why client experience is so important, which KPIs and metrics matter the most, and how B2B buyers have changed.
- C-suite leaders need to be focused on client experience. There are hundreds if not thousands of touchpoints your clients have, and you need to make sure they have a smooth experience.
- While client experience has existed in the B2C world, companies in the B2B and professional services industries are only now focusing on it.
- When determining metrics to track client excellence, start by figuring out the results you want to achieve, and how you want to grow the business. Once that is set, find the metrics that match up most closely with that vision.
- While it is important to track metrics, it is equally as important to understand those metrics. Translating the data into meaningful improvements can often be the most challenging part of the process.
- When it comes to retaining clients, your product offerings matter less than how strong of a client experience they have. Even if you have the best services in the industry, if their experience is lackluster, your clients will start to look elsewhere.
- While NPS is a valuable metric to take into account, it is often a lagging indicator. When tracking client experience, look to leading indicators like the number of new proposals being generated with existing clients.
- The average B2B buyer has changed and evolved. Modern B2B buyers are looking for companies that can meet them where they are. For companies, this means fully understanding your buyers, and knowing what they are looking for.
Quote of the Show:
- “Be the leading champion.” - Chad Person
Ways to Tune In
- Amazon Music - https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/9a0b6e7b-76d7-4909-ab01-e3082d6637e0/the-fractional-c-suite-retreat
- Apple Podcast - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-fractional-c-suite-retreat/id1597847745
- Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/show/5Z2uHcI4xXz92M9sODSoYL?si=a89b68adf7134964
- Google Podcast - https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZnJhY3Rpb25hbGNzdWl0ZXJldHJlYXQuY29tL2ZlZWQueG1s
- Stitcher - https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/agencies-that-build/the-fractional-csuite-retreat
- YouTube - https://youtu.be/l2Z1KVu6nw4
Fractional C-Suite Retreat is produced by Ringmaster, on a mission to create connections through B2B podcasts. Learn more at https://ringmaster.com/