Today’s guest is a former athlete who developed a more approachable and intelligent way to train the everyday fitness enthusiast that has seen success with franchises from coast to coast. He’s the host of the podcast “Playing Guilty” and is the Co-founder and Chief Concept Officer of MADabolic. Welcome to the show Brandon Cullen. Brandon joins host Joe Frost to talk about how the fitness industry changed during covid, finding the balance between in-person and remote services, and how Brandon created a successful fitness brand.
- One of the biggest opportunities across almost every industry will be for those who can bring back in-person human connection and do it well.
- While the pandemic created a new wealth of digital offerings for many industries, people should be less argumentative about which style is better, and acknowledge the value of both remote and in-person options.
- While there are a lot of businesses in the fitness industry, many of them are quite similar and lack an effective structure to make their clients better on a daily basis.
- While the norm in the fitness industry has been to push more and more cardio, strength training and resistance training help keep you stable and balanced as you age.
- One challenge with franchising is finding the balance between addressing the different needs of customers in different areas and keeping a consistent brand image at every location.
- A good way to lead is to do your due diligence upfront, and put people in roles they excel at. Give them enough freedom to screw up, but hold them accountable.
- While a bit of ego helps move the needle and drive progress, a good leader needs to balance out their ego with empathy for their team.
Quote of the Show:
- “I think you should apply for the job that speaks to you.” - Brandon Cullen
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/playingguilty?s=20&t=JlYf3gHDVsDm2c6yDBAUxw
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/playingguilty/
- Website: https://www.madabolic.com/
- Podcast: https://open.spotify.com/show/2EDa1eHarLjV7qZC6GQJGQ
Ways to Tune In
- Amazon Music - https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/9a0b6e7b-76d7-4909-ab01-e3082d6637e0/the-fractional-c-suite-retreat
- Apple Podcast - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-fractional-c-suite-retreat/id1597847745
- Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/show/5Z2uHcI4xXz92M9sODSoYL?si=a89b68adf7134964
- Google Podcast - https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZnJhY3Rpb25hbGNzdWl0ZXJldHJlYXQuY29tL2ZlZWQueG1s
- Stitcher - https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/agencies-that-build/the-fractional-csuite-retreat
- YouTube - https://youtu.be/UumKj7D9pRE
Fractional C-Suite Retreat is produced by Ringmaster, on a mission to create connections through B2B podcasts. Learn more at https://ringmaster.com/