Tuesday Nov 29, 2022
Tuesday Nov 29, 2022
Today’s guest is an executive coach, transformational change leader, speaker, consultant and futurist. She has spent her career working with companies of all sizes helping people “ride the waves of change”. Joining the show this week is Founder and CEO of Julie Noonan Consulting, Julie Noonan. On the latest installment of The Fractional C-Suite Retreat, Joe Frost Interviews Julie to learn more about reverse mentoring, creating change sponsors, and how to successfully implement change frameworks.
- Reverse mentoring pairs new employees with seasoned ones to have both parties learn from the other. This teaches newer employees valuable skills, and older employees new technologies.
- When focusing on teaching employees new skills it is crucial to equalize the power dynamics and move away from performance management frameworks.
- Mentoring over zoom makes it easier to find time in an executives busy schedule to meet, and allows connections to be made across long distances. However, it removes the in person aspect, and can condense the amount of time spent together.
- Regardless of the framework you utilize for implementing change, the bottom line is that you are dealing with human beings who will react in different ways. Instead of herding cats, work with employees to make the change conducive for them.
- Listen to those who speak up and highlight issues. Many projects that fail are the ones where no one wants to hear any bad news.
- As a change sponsor, it is important to pay close attention to who you are impacting with change. Some employees may be making a 180 on their responsibilities, and they need to be understood.
- Change sponsors need to be genuine in addressing the questions and concerns of those in the organization.
Quote of the Show:
- “A mentoring relationship is two ways” - Julie Noonan
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jnoonanconsulting/
- Website: https://www.jnoonanconsulting.com/
- Linda Ackerman Anderson
Ways to Tune In
- Amazon Music - https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/9a0b6e7b-76d7-4909-ab01-e3082d6637e0/the-fractional-c-suite-retreat
- Apple Podcast - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-fractional-c-suite-retreat/id1597847745
- Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/show/5Z2uHcI4xXz92M9sODSoYL?si=a89b68adf7134964
- Google Podcast - https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZnJhY3Rpb25hbGNzdWl0ZXJldHJlYXQuY29tL2ZlZWQueG1s
- Stitcher - https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/agencies-that-build/the-fractional-csuite-retreat
- YouTube - https://youtu.be/GLpHD2qF6Io
Fractional C-Suite Retreat is produced by Ringmaster, on a mission to create connections through B2B podcasts. Learn more at https://ringmaster.com/
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.